A QUALITY UPDATE?
1 day ago
– Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 02:12:39 AM
In other words...
Even though the manufacturer gave us the thumbs up for all deliverable items being ready in time, the quality control they put in place red flagged a significant batch due to some printing not being up to our standards. The error was not caught in time to finish everything without feeling rushed before the workers left for Chinese New Year, so they are set to finish as soon as they return. In the meantime, we have a complete container ready for Europe, Australia, and one of the three containers for the United States. The portion designated for Asia is being held with the remaining inventory for the US.
Our schedule now (hopefully) looks like this:
AUSTRALIA: Container to Australia should depart today, but we have not received confirmation. We truly hope you are all managing with everything that is going on with the fires. Sending our very best wishes.
UNITED STATES: 1 of the 3 containers for the US is scheduled for the 23rd. Still keeping our fingers crossed it won't get bumped. If it makes it, we expect to start fulfilling early March. Due to the limited first batch of inventory (if it makes it), we will prioritize packages that tend to take the longest for delivery such as South America. The other two containers will depart a week or so after workers return from the CNY holiday.
EUROPE: The container for Europe is scheduled to depart on the 26th, but we are being warned it could get rolled to a shipment the following week.
ASIA: These games will be trucked to VFI after Chinese New Year is over and the misprints are corrected.
Thank you for your continued patience! Have a great week!
- The Certifiable Team
This is an Update?
7 days ago
– Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 01:01:40 AM
Howdy, everybody! We've got a new update (of sorts) for you. And...here 'tis!
Just to recap:
1) AS AWESOME AS YOU ARE, WE DO NOT NEED MORE MONEY TO DELIVER THE GAME! (But thanks for offering.) We recently posted an update about some of the shipping issues affecting D6. We had multiple comments along the lines of, "Hey, I'm happy to shell out ten more bucks to offset your shipping woes." Though we're super grateful for the sentiment, this was not a way for us to solicit more of your hard-earned dolla dolla bills. Transparency is important to us, and we simply wanted to keep you in the loop. As always, thank you all so much for your support and encouragement.
2) Jesse recently had the chance to play D6 with a friend at one of our First Friday game nights. Though he's obviously played the game many times before, this was the first time he'd played the game—the finished game—as a player. And...he had a blast. We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we do!
3) Jesse and Brent are considering putting together some video tutorials for D6. Though the Player's Manual has detailed instructions on how to play the game, we're fully aware that many people would much rather watch a video than read the instructions, given the choice. Though these videos wouldn't serve as a replacement for the written rules (there's a lot to know, folks), they'd get you a lot of the information you needed in a more easily digestible fashion.
We'd love to get your input on the kinds of content you'd most like to see in such a video series. Would you rather have super-short videos that present specific concepts in bite-sized chunks? Slightly longer videos that cover more territory with less detail? Or something else? Give us your thoughts in the comments!
Have a fantastic week, everybody! Until next time!
- The Team at Certifiable
The Key to Shipping
11 days ago
– Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 02:09:12 AM
Happy Friday, everyone! Here's a little update about that not so little game called "D6"!
So...to recap, we are finally done and ready to load the containers. We are incredibly excited to get this beast of a game in your hands, and can't wait to track the ocean freight on its long journey.
As of right now, we look really good for the shipments to Asia, Australia and Europe based on the current bookings and are hopeful everything comes together for the US. The manufacturer told me recently they didn't have any more room on the US bound ships before Chinese New Year, but Quartermaster Logistics stepped in and gave us hope for a sail date of January 23rd. Until the containers are loaded on the ships and they set sail, however, we simply can't know for sure that we won't be bumped. If we are bumped, this will likely put us on the next ship that could be weeks later. This is also why we have the order divided so that we can hope to at least get one or two containers, if not all three, so we can start fulfilling. We simply won't know until then, but wanted to let you know what we did know in the meantime. We also elected to floor load the containers instead of palatalizing to limit the number of containers and increase our chances of getting on the boat. Fingers crossed.
Then we sang a song of shipping woes and financial birdens in the video, but that's just me being a baby and learning more lessons the hard way, so I won't get into that again here. In the end, we hope to get on the boat on the 23rd of this month, but I'm also fearing I will be updating you next time with the news we have to wait for the next ship to sail. Either way, please know I'm doing everything I can to make this happen.
Have a great weekend!
- the Certifiable team
Merry Christmas to Us!
29 days ago
– Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 02:07:09 AM
On the eve of the eve of Christmas, we received a package that we're pretty excited about!
We're pretty happy with everything and hope you will be too!
Oh yeah, it's Jesse's birthday, too! Happy Birthday, Jesse!
And Merry Christmas, everyone!
- the Certifiable team
READ IT AND WEEP!
about 1 month ago
– Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:55:59 PM
Wait! As you arrive home from your long journey, a _________ book awaits. As you nervously open its _________ pages, you realize it's more than just a typical book and _____________!
Roll for intelligence.
Success: Rick gets to keep his two coins.
Failure: He forfeits all sanity remaining to the shipping gods and cries himself to sleep.
- the Certifiable team
(and yes, this beast was worth the wait!)